Monday, November 7, 2011

Journal #15- overcoming challenge

I think there are many ways that I, as well as the other students in the English classes from both Pleasant Plains and Farmington High School, can overcome the challenges of working with a partner who is not from the same area as us.  In my opinion, social networking is probably the biggest thing that can be used.  Things like Facebook and Twitter will be a big help in several ways.  There are ways you can message people via these sites, which is personal and an easy way to get a hold of someone.  You can either right on someones wall on Facebook, or just message them.  On Twitter, a person can be tweeted or messaged, similar to an email.  These online social networking sites are also helpful because it is very easy to transport and exchange online information.  In this class, we do a lot of online stuff.  It is pretty much one hundred percent online...even though we are not getting an internet credit, and it is extremely inconvenient sometimes.  Links can be easily accessed through Facebook, Twitter, and basic email.  Another way to keep in touch with the people from different areas that we are working with is texting.  This is not as easy with a group project because texting is strictly from one person to another person, but it is still very easy to use.  I think that I will mostly be using Twitter and emailing.  I do not really want these people to have my phone number after this project is finished.  I would used Facebook, but I deleted it because of too much drama and I never got on.  I am not about to reactivate it just for some project.  I think that if I get people in my group who are actually willing to work and will not slack off and make me do all the work, this can be very fun.  Someone just said something about calling the people in our group...no thanks.  I am not about to talk to strangers on the phone; that would be the most awkward thing on the planet.  I think I will just stick to what I know: texting and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment