Monday, April 2, 2012

Journal #29- self reflection

The discussion that we had today in class made me really think about the meaning of "self."  It is basically impossible to define the term self without using the word in the actual definition.  In all honesty, it is really hard for me to look at my personal self and try to "define myself."  When I look at my morals, I feel like I am the type of person who views the world through rose colored glasses--most of what I am about to say I have gathered from researching everything and anything about being a Pisces...I'm deep, man--because I always assume that something is innocent or the best it can possibly be.  I do not know if that is simply trying to see the best in things, or if I am just very naive.  I am also very modest.  When I look at the world, I so badly want everyone to see and feel what I see.  There is beauty in everything, and as the years go on I think beauty gets overlooked.  Maybe that is just the inner hippie coming out.  I definitely think I would fit in during the nineteen-sixties.  Everyone was so carefree and valued the same things that I do.  Why is it that the color of someone's skin can change the way they live or the way people look at them?  The same thing with the way someone dresses or the thoughts and ideas they have.  Why do people care?  We are all individuals.  I definitely value equality, in all aspects of life.  That goes with my belief that life is a beautiful and everyone should have the opportunity or chance to agree with me.  The same thing with war, who on earth came up with the idea of war or politics.  I am in AP US History and that is pretty much all we talk about, so I can see where politics can be structurally helpful and wars can be good...but why fighting?  Is it really worth it?  GIVE PEACE A CHANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment